Job No.: 491853
Group: Legal Services
Work type: Contract / Temp
- Contract role (until December 2012)
Aurora Energy is a fully integrated Energy (retail, wholesale and generation) and Distribution (including Services) business, with complementary activities in telecommunications and energy-related technologies. We generate, distribute and retail electricity and provide wholesale telecommunications services using optical fibre networks. Our company purpose is to see the Tasmanian community prosper from our efforts.
We are looking for an experienced Legal Counsel to provide expert legal advice and services to Aurora Energy, its officers and subsidiaries in relation to day to day operations and future direction, in particular, specialist commercial advice and general advice including contract law, intellectual property, Energy Law, litigation and statutory compliance.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Degree in Law and eligibility to hold a legal practising certificate in Tasmania
- Extensive experience as a practitioner in a commercial in house or private practice environment;
- High level strategic, conceptual and analytical skills;
- High level research, written and oral communication skills;
- Knowledge of and ability to interpret legislation;
- Legal project management and coordination;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and team orientation;
- Project management experience on large scale commercial matters;
- Knowledge and experience in the National Electricity Market and energy & gas industries generally
Applications must be received by 9am on Monday 5 December.
5 Dec 2011 9:00am Aus. Eastern Standard Time